Sökning: "great depression"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 85 avhandlingar innehållade orden great depression.
6. Subjective Well-being in an Adult Swedish Population : Findings from a Population-based Study
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis examines various factors associated with subjective well-being (SWB) in an adult Swedish population, aged 20-64 years, using cross-sectional and longitudinal data. The thesis includes four studies based on the PART study, a current population-based study on mental health, work, and relations in Stockholm County, Sweden. LÄS MER
7. Everyday life of relatives of persons suffering from severe depression : Experiences of health, burden, sense of coherence and encounters with psychiatric specialist health services
Sammanfattning : Aim: The overall aim of this thesis was to investigate and describe everyday life among relatives of inpatients with severe depression and their encounter with the psychiatric specialist health services (PSHS).Methods: A descriptive design with a qualitative and quantitative approach was used. LÄS MER
8. Health economic aspects of emotional problems and pain symptoms in childhood and adolescence : Long-term outcomes, efficacy and cost-effectiveness of interventions
Sammanfattning : Emotional problems and pain symptoms among children and adolescents are a global public health challenge that imposes a great burden on the individuals affected and on society. Because resources are limited, allocation and prioritization are needed. Health economic analysis can constitute a foundation for such decisions. LÄS MER
9. Sleep Related Movement Disorders : Association with Menopause and Pregnancy
Sammanfattning : It is known that sleep problems affect people’s wellbeing and has great consequences for public health.Restless legs syndrome (RLS) gives uncomfortable sensations in the legs at rest, leading to an irresistible need for activity. It aggravates in evening and at night. LÄS MER
10. Yoga as a treatment for hypertension in primary care. A quantitative and qualitative analysis conducted in Sweden
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Persistent hypertension is a key risk factor for coronary heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases, such as heart failure. For primary care physicians, hypertension is the number one diagnosis for office visits and for our communities, the treatment of high blood pressure (BP) and its consequences constitutes a substantial economic burden. LÄS MER