Sökning: "glucose production"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 266 avhandlingar innehållade orden glucose production.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Type 2 diabetes is usually caused by a combination of pancreatic β-cell failure and insulin resistance in target tissues like liver, muscle and fat. Insulin resistance is characterised by an impaired effect of insulin to reduce hepatic glucose production and to promote glucose uptake in peripheral tissues. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Chemical Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Conversion of biomass to liquid fuels, such as ethanol, has been investigated during the past decades. First due to the oil crisis of the 1970s and lately because of concerns about greenhouse effect, ethanol has been found to be a suitable substitute for gasoline in transportation. LÄS MER
3. Beta-glucose 1-phosphate interconverting enzymes in Lactococcus lactis: physiological role and regulation in maltose, trehalose and glucose metabolismDetta är en avhandling från Birgit Johansson, secretary at Applied Microbiology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Lactic acid bacteria (LAB), including Lactococcus lactis, are abundant in nature. These bacteria convert carbohydrates into mainly lactate by a rather uncomplicated metabolism. An improved understanding of the physiological and genetical mechanisms involved in carbohydrate metabolism and its regulation will improve the industrial use of LAB. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Hyaline cartilage is a highly specialized tissue, which plays an important role in the articulating joints of an individual. It provides the joints with a nearly frictionless, impact resisting surface to protect the ends of the articulating bones. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
Sammanfattning : Trauma or surgery elicit a physiological stress response, which among others induces insulin resistance. It could be described as a state where the biological response to a given dose of insulin is reduced, and is associated with an altered glucose metabolism, as well as a disturbed lipid and protein metabolism and dysfunctional immune, inflammatory and coagulation systems. LÄS MER