Sökning: "globala studier"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 173 avhandlingar innehållade orden globala studier.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on power and resistance in two main sites of exploration. Firstly, it discusses the ways women politicians comprehend and relate to what they experience as the 'dominant' discourses on women and politics, including gendered power relations, in Cambodia. LÄS MER
2. Multiple meanings of female initiation. "Circumcision" among Jola Women in Lower Casamance, SenegalDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : This anthropological study examines the meanings and practices of female "circumcision" and initiation in relation to identity and social change in contemporary Muslim Jola society, Senegal, West Africa. During the 20th century, clitoridectomy spread - allegedly as part of Islam - and became essential for a Jola woman's identity as a "real" woman and mother, and an important aspect of the women's initiation ritual. LÄS MER
3. Understanding the East Asian Peace Informal and formal conflict prevention and peacebuilding in the Taiwan Strait, the Korean Peninsula, and the South China Sea 1990-2008Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The overall purpose of this dissertation is to provide an empirical study of the post-Cold War EastAsian security setting, with the aim of understanding why there is an East Asian peace. The EastAsian peace exists in a region with a history of militarised conflicts, home to many of the world'slongest ongoing militarised problems and a number of unresolved critical flashpoints. LÄS MER
4. Conflict resolution in coastal management: Interdisciplinary analyses of resource use conflicts from the Swedish coastDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Natural resource use conflicts at urbanized coasts and their analysis and resolution are the main themes of this thesis. Based on the analysis of four conflict cases from the Swedish coast, I explore the ways the local management of coastal resources may be connected with a broader notion of sustainable resource management. LÄS MER
5. Development and 'The other within': the culturalisation of the political economy of poverty in the Northern Uplands of Viet NamDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Department of Peace and Development Research, School of Global Studies, Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The dissertation deals with the issue of poverty in eight villages in Northern Viet Nam during the current Doi Moi reforms. In all reforms, poverty alleviation has been a main concern for which market economy and economic growth have been seen as largely successful tools. However, in parallel to economic growth, the social inequality has increased. LÄS MER