Sökning: "geotechnical engineering"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 184 avhandlingar innehållade orden geotechnical engineering.
1. Multiscale granular mechanics: A neutron diffraction based experimental approach
Sammanfattning : Granular media (i.e., assemblies of grains, containing voids), such as sand, are highly complex materials, possessing inherently heterogeneous structure and properties that are manifested by the mobility and interaction of their constituent particles. Despite having been widely studied for centuries (i. LÄS MER
2. Distributed thermal response tests : New insights on U-pipe and Coaxial heat exchangers in groundwater-filled boreholes
Sammanfattning : U-pipe Borehole Heat Exchangers (BHE) are widely used today in ground source heating and cooling systems in spite of their less than optimal performance. This thesis provides a better understanding on the function of U-pipe BHEs and Investigates alternative methods to reduce the temperature difference between the circulating fluid and the borehole wall, including one thermosyphon and three different types of coaxial BHEs. LÄS MER
3. Secure GNSS-based Positioning and Timing : Distance-Decreasing attacks, fault detection and exclusion, and attack detection with the help of opportunistic signals
Sammanfattning : With trillions of devices connected in large scale systems in a wired or wireless manner, positioning and synchronization become vital. Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) is the first choice to provide global coverage for positioning and synchronization services. LÄS MER
4. Assessment of rock mass quality and its effects on charge ability using drill monitoring technique
Sammanfattning : For an efficient mining operation, it is essential to have as much information as possible aboutthe ore to be excavated and the rock masses surrounding the ore. Geological information andthe content and distribution of extractable minerals, are central concerns for long term mineplanning. LÄS MER
5. Progressive landslides in long natural slopes : Formation, potential extension and configuration of finished slides in strain-softening soils
Sammanfattning : After the large landslide in Tuve (Gothenburg, 1977), the author began developing a finite difference model for slope stability analysis taking the deformation-softening of soft sensitive clays into consideration. In the model, the mean down-slope deformation in each element caused by normal forces is maintained compatible with the deformation generated by shear stresses. LÄS MER