Sökning: "genome-wide association study"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 105 avhandlingar innehållade orden genome-wide association study.
1. Genetic Analyses of Multiple Sclerosis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus From Single Markers to Genome-Wide DataDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In autoimmune diseases an individual’s immune system becomes targeted at the body’s own healthy cells. The aim of this thesis was to identify genetic risk factors for the two autoimmune diseases multiple sclerosis (MS) and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). LÄS MER
2. Genomic selection and genome-wide association studies to dissect quantitative traits in forest treesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : The convergence of quantitative genetics of complex traits with genomic technologies is quickly becoming an innovative approach to explore fundamental genetic questions and also have practical consequences for implementations in tree breeding. In this thesis, I used genomic selection and genome-wide association studies (GWAS) to dissect the genetic basis of quantitative traits, i. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In every living cell, millions of different types of molecules constantly interact and react chemically in a complex system that can adapt to fluctuating environments and extreme conditions, living to survive and reproduce itself. The information required to produce these components is stored in the genome, which is copied in each cell division and transferred and mixed with another genome from parent to child. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Mapping of the human genome has been instrumental in understanding diseasescaused by changes in single genes. However, disease mechanisms involvingmultiple genes have proven to be much more elusive. Their complexityemerges from interactions of intracellular molecules and makes them immuneto the traditional reductionist approach. LÄS MER
5. Genetic linkage and association studies in celiac disease: discoveries from whole genome analysisDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Celiac Disease (CD) or Gluten Sensitive Enteropathy (GSE) is a life-long disorder. It is characterized by inflammation in the small intestine of genetically predisposed individuals caused by inappropriate immune response to gluten, a protein enriched in some of our common grains (wheat, rye and barley). LÄS MER