Sökning: "genital cutting"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden genital cutting.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: Worldwide at least 130 million now living women and girls have undergone female genital mutilation (FGM), also called female genital cutting (FGC). Reinfibulation (RI) is a secondary form, mainly performed after delivery. LÄS MER
2. Continuity or Change? Improved Understanding of Attitudes Towards Female Genital Cutting after Migration from Somalia to SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Do people’s attitudes towards female genital cutting (FGC) change after they migrate from a country where the practice is common, to one where it is not? Alongside increased levels of migration, this question is increasingly being raised. This thesis aimed to expand the understanding about attitudes towards FGC held by Somali men and women in Sweden, and thereby to identify potential factors that impede or facilitate the cessation of FGC. LÄS MER
3. Multiple meanings of female initiation. "Circumcision" among Jola Women in Lower Casamance, SenegalDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : This anthropological study examines the meanings and practices of female "circumcision" and initiation in relation to identity and social change in contemporary Muslim Jola society, Senegal, West Africa. During the 20th century, clitoridectomy spread - allegedly as part of Islam - and became essential for a Jola woman's identity as a "real" woman and mother, and an important aspect of the women's initiation ritual. LÄS MER
4. Genital mutilation of girls in Sudan : Community- and hospital-based studies on female genital cutting and its sequelaeDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: In spite of many decades of campaigns, female genital mutilation (FGM) is still highly prevalent in Sudan. One reason for this might be that campaigns have failed to approach fundamental values of FGM. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: The prevalence of female genital mutilation (FGM) in Sierra Leone is the seventh highest in Africa, yet little research has been done on its effects on girls and women. Objectives: This thesis aims to provide knowledge on the effects and experiences of girls and women, and the views of adolescent boys, about FGM which is performed within the initiation ceremony of the Bondo Society in Sierra Leone. LÄS MER