Sökning: "genetic disease"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1415 avhandlingar innehållade orden genetic disease.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Dyslipidemia is a chronic deviation from normal blood lipid levels that can lead to atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases; dyslipidemia and its sequelae are caused by the complex interplay of genetic and environmental factors. Although circulating concentrations of total cholesterol (TC), triglycerides (TG), low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) have a strong genetic underpinning, not much is known about the genetic factors that affect long-term deteriorations in lipid concentrations. LÄS MER
2. Crohn's disease : Studies on epidemiology, twins, aetiological factors and clinical course with special reference to smokingDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : In an epidemiological study of the incidence of Crohn's disease in Orebro county during the 25-year period 1963-1987, the mean annual incidence was 6.1/105 inhabitants. During the first five year period the mean incidence was 4.3 but during the following four quinquennia the incidence was stable at around 6. LÄS MER
3. Psoriatic arthritis: a complex disease analyses on genetic and serological biomarkers and of comorbidityDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) is a heterogonous inflammatory arthritis associated with psoriasis. The disease leads to inflammation of peripheral joints, axial skeleton and/or enthesites, and can result in severe destruction of affected joints. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) often have a family history of the disease, implicating genetics as a major risk factor. Three genes are currently known to cause familial early-onset AD (<65 years): the amyloid precursor protein (APP) and the presenilins (PSEN1 and PSEN2). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The focal point of this dissertation is the question of the value of and right to genetic information from presymptomatic genetic testing that may reveal risk of disease. This question is discussed regarding first parties, that is, the person on whom the test is performed, second parties, that is, blood relatives’ of first parties, and third parties, such as insurance companies and employers. LÄS MER