Sökning: "gene-gene interactions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden gene-gene interactions.
1. Fibrinogen and susceptibility to myocardial infarction : role of gene-gene and gene-environment interactions
Sammanfattning : Fibrinogen, the precursor of fibrin, is a glycoprotein synthesized in the liver and maintained in plasma at concentrations normally ranging between 2-4 g/L. The fibrinogen molecule consists of two sets of three non-identical polypeptide chains, which are encoded by the fibrinogen gamma (FGG), fibrinogen alpha (FGA) and fibrinogen beta (FGB) genes clustered on chromosome 4. LÄS MER
2. Statistical methods for detecting gene-gene and gene-environment interactions in genome-wide association studies
Sammanfattning : Despite considerable effort to elucidate the genetic architecture of multi-factorial traits and diseases, there remains a gap between the estimated heritability (e.g., from twin studies) and the heritability explained by discovered genetic variants. LÄS MER
3. Statistical Methods for Genome Wide Association Studies
Sammanfattning : This thesis focus on various statistical methods for analyzing Genome Wide Association data. The thesis include four papers, three of them considers the analysis of complex traits, and the last one a method for analyzing mendelian traits. LÄS MER
4. Gene-environment interactions between HPA axis regulatory genes and stressful life events in suicide attempts
Sammanfattning : Suicide is a leading cause of death. In the future, treatment for suicidal behavior, as well as public health prevention and/or intervention efforts, may be guided by genetic epidemiology. This research is informed by biological alterations which have been previously observed in suicidal behavior. LÄS MER
5. Molecular genetics of type 2 diabetes
Sammanfattning : Type 2 diabetes is a common and chronic disease caused by interactions between genetic and environmental factors. The Goto-Kakizaki (GK) rat is a well-established genetic model of type 2 diabetes. LÄS MER