Sökning: "gastric adenocarcinoma"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 46 avhandlingar innehållade orden gastric adenocarcinoma.
1. Prognostic role of the tumour microenvironment in esophago-gastric, pancreatic and periampullary adenocarcinoma: B cells and beyondDetta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Cancer development depends on cells aquiring a skillset of limitless growth and finally invasive properties to allow for metastasis, as summarised by the six hallmarks of cancer. Recently four more hallmarks have been added: genomic instability, deregulating cellular metabolism, tumour-promoting inflammation and avoiding immune destruction. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Institutionen för kliniska vetenskaper, Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : Helicobacter pylori is one of the most common infections in man. The infection is often acquired during childhood and usually results in a chronic life-long inflammation in the gastric mucosa. The aim of our studies was to investigate the association between H. pylori seropositivity and the development of gastric and oesophageal carcinomas. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery
Sammanfattning : Gastric adenocarcinoma is the fourth most common malignancy and the second leading cause of cancer death in the world. Tremendous effort has been made to look into the causation of gastric cancer. Etiological research plays a key role in identifying possible preventive and interventional measures. LÄS MER
4. Towards improved oncological treatment of esophageal and gastric cancer. Clinical and translational studiesDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : BackgroundThe overall aim of this thesis was to improve the oncological treatment strategies in esophageal and gastric adenocarcinoma (EGAC). Podocalyxin-like protein 1 (PODXL) has been associated with poor prognosis in other cancers and we wanted to investigate its potential role as a prognostic and predictive biomarker in resectable EGAC. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Sammanfattning : Gastric cancer is the second most common cancer worldwide, but the etiology remains poorly understood. A spontaneous global decline has reduced the number of victims in most Western countries while Japan and China have screening programs in place due to the magnitude, and the serious prognosis, of this malignant disease. LÄS MER