Sökning: "garden archaeology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden garden archaeology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lena Landgren, Byggmästaregatan 11 A, 222 37 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The plants in the ancient Roman garden were chosen with deliberation. These choices were ruled by the meaning and associations the plants conveyed to the garden visitors. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Forest Ecology and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Different plants have played an important role historically in the subsistence of the native Sami people of northern Fennoscandia. Generally, their use of plants have however been regarded as less vital in their overall subsistence and in comparison to the domesticated reindeer and the hunted game and fish. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från MediaTryck Lund
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis examines the encounter between the dead and the living within 19th and 20th century landscape cemeteries. It shows how the relationship unfolds through the materiality and practices occurring within them. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Central and Eastern European Studies
Sammanfattning : This doctoral dissertation is an analysis of the novel 'The Garden' (1997), by the Russian author Nina Sadur. Drawing on feminist literary criticism, it aims at providing a woman-authored text with the in-depth study the novel’s literary sophistication calls for. LÄS MER
5. The Prima Porta Garden Archaeological Project. Terra sigillata from the Villa of Livia, Rome. Consumption and discard in the early PrincipateDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
Sammanfattning : This study examines a corpus of Italian sigillata from the Villa of Livia outside Rome, and presents the excavations during which it was found. Most of the material stems from archaeologically secure contexts, a refuse tip and dump dating to the late Augustan and Neronian periods respectively. LÄS MER