Sökning: "game as learning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 62 avhandlingar innehållade orden game as learning.
1. Learning as a patient : What and how individuals want to learn when preparing for surgery, and the potential use of serious games in their education
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Surgical patients need knowledge to participate in their own care and to engage in self-care behaviour in the perioperative period which is important for their recovery. Patient education facilitates such knowledge acquisition and several methods can be used to facilitate it, for example, face-to-face education and brochures or using information technology such as website or computer games. LÄS MER
2. Children’s early mathematics learning and development : Number game interventions and number line estimations
Sammanfattning : Children’s early mathematics learning and development have become a topic of increasing interest over the past decade since early mathematical knowledge and skills have been shown to be a strong predictor of later mathematics performance. Understanding how children develop mathematical knowledge and skills and how they can be supported in their early learning could thus prove to be a vital component in promoting learning of more formal mathematics. LÄS MER
3. Unpacking Digital Game-Based Learning : The complexities of developing and using educational games
Sammanfattning : Digital game-based learning has traditionally been examined from an ‘artefact-centric’ perspective that focuses on understanding how game design and principles of learning are, or can be, intertwined. These types of examinations have resulted in many descriptions of games’ educational potential, which has subsequently led to many types of arguments for why games should be used more extensively in formal education. LÄS MER
4. Inclusion in digital culture : Issues of formal education and computer games
Sammanfattning : Education is a human right but many pupils in Sweden, especially boys, have trouble of grading in school. Formal education exists to socialise young people in society, which today is characterised by a digital culture, where playing computer games is one of the most common youth activities. LÄS MER
5. Knowledge at play. Studies of games as members’ matters : Kunskap genom spelande. Studier av digitala spel och spelande som kunskapsdomän
Sammanfattning : On a general level, this thesis seeks some answers to the broad question of what one can learn from digital games. With an analytical approach informed by ethnomethodology, the main thrust of the work is an exploration of members’ matters in the area of games and gaming. LÄS MER