Sökning: "gadolinium oxide"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden gadolinium oxide.
- Detta är en avhandling från Universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : There is an increasing interest for nanomaterials in biomedical applications and in this work, nanoparticles of gadolinium oxide (Gd2O3) have been investigated as a novel contrast agent for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Relaxation properties have been studied in aqueous solutions as well as in cell culture medium and the nanoparticles have been explored as cell labeling agents. LÄS MER
2. Experimental studies of radiation-induced dissolution of UO2 The effect of intrinsic solid phase properties and external factorsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Dissolution of the UO2 matrix is one of the potential routes for radionuclide release in a future deep geological repository for spent nuclear fuel. This doctoral thesis focuses on interfacial reactions of relevance in radiation-induced dissolution of UO2 and is divided in two parts:In the first part, we sought to explore the effects of solid phase composition:The impact of surface stoichiometry on the reactivity of UO2 towards aqueous radiolytic oxidants was studied. LÄS MER
3. Functional Performance of Gadolinium Zirconate/Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Multi-Layered Thermal Barrier CoatingsDetta är en avhandling från Trollhättan : University West
Sammanfattning : Yttria stabilized zirconia (YSZ) is the state of the art ceramic top coat material used for TBC applications. The desire to achieve a higher engine efficiency of agas turbine engine by increasing the turbine inlet temperature has pushed YSZ toits upper limit. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
Sammanfattning : Nitric oxide is involved in pulmonary vascular and bronchial regulation and appears to be of paramount importance in the adaptation of the pulmonary circulation at birth. Nitric oxide is present in exhaled gas. LÄS MER
5. Synthesis, Surface Modification, and Characterization of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles Nanoprobes for Signal Enhancement in Biomedical ImagingDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : In this thesis we investigate crystalline metal oxide nanoparticles of our own design to obtain nanoprobes for signal enhancement and bioimaging purposes. We report fabrication, surface modification and characterization of nanoparticles based on zinc (Zn), and rare earths (i.e. gadolinium (Gd) and europium (Eu)) singly and in combination. LÄS MER