Sökning: "functional exercise"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 124 avhandlingar innehållade orden functional exercise.
- Detta är en avhandling från The Department of Rheumatology and the Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Popular Abstract in Swedish Artros i knäleden är en av de tio vanligaste orsakerna till smärta och funktionshinder hos vuxna. Ett av problemen med artros är att det är svårt att diagnosticera vid ett tidigt stadium. Det kan synas som förändringar på röntgen, men ofta inte förrän flera år efter att det utvecklats. LÄS MER
2. Physical exercise for older people focusing on people living in residential care facilities and people with dementiaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The main purposes of this thesis were to evaluate a high-intensity functional weight-bearing exercise programme, regarding its applicability (attendance, achieved intensity, adverse events) as well as its effect on physical functions and activities of daily living (ADL) among older people living in residential care facilities, with a special focus on people with dementia. Furthermore, a main purpose was to systematically review the applicability and effects of physical exercise on physical functions, cognitive functions, and ADL among people with dementia. LÄS MER
3. Physical exercise and mental health among older people measurement methods and exercise effects focusing on people living in residential care facilitiesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to study the effects of exercise on mental health among older people living in residential care facilities. The aim was also to study the reliability of an assessment scale for balance function and the usefulness of an assessment scale for depressive symptoms among older people, including people with cognitive impairments. LÄS MER
4. Fall prediction and a high-intensity functional exercise programme to improve physical functions and to prevent falls among older people living in residential care facilitiesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Samhällsmedicin och rehabilitering
Sammanfattning : Impairments in balance, mobility, and lower-limb strength are common in the growing population of older people and can lead to dramatic consequences for the individual, such as dependency in activities of daily living, admission to nursing home, falls, and fractures. The main purposes of this thesis were, among older people in residential care facilities, to validate a fall-risk assessment tool and to evaluate a high-intensity functional weight-bearing exercise pro-gramme regarding its applicability as well as its effect on physical functions and falls. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of the thesis was to investigate the importance of physical function for survival in very old people, and furthermore, whether physical exercise could influence physical function, cognitive function, and dependence in activities of daily living (ADLs) in older people with dementia living in nursing homes.The world’s population is ageing. LÄS MER