Sökning: "fruit and vegetable intake"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 avhandlingar innehållade orden fruit and vegetable intake.
1. Prevalence and Correlates of Health Risk Behaviors among High School Adolescents in Iran With focus on Water-pipe Smoking, Suicide Ideation, Physical Activity and Nutrition
Sammanfattning : Background: Adolescence is a transitional stage from childhood into adulthood and many habits, with long-term implications for health, from this period of life can continue into adulthood. Identifying risk factors related to health risk behaviors is therefore an important part of health promotion. LÄS MER
2. Effects of Antioxidants and Pro-oxidants on Oxidative Stress and DNA Damage using the Comet Assay Studies on Blood Cells from Type 2 Diabetes Subjects and Mouse Lymphoma CellsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Diet and oral supplements comprise two distinct sources of antioxidants known to prevent oxidative stress. Beneficial effects from antioxidants have been seen for patients at risk for type 2 diabetes.The aim of this thesis was to evaluate the positive effects of antioxidants against oxidative stress and DNA damage in type 2 diabetes subjects. LÄS MER
3. Diet and Cardiometabolic Disease Dietary trends and the impact of diet on diabetes and cardiovascular diseaseDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in most industrialised countries and in developing countries the trend in cardiovascular-related deaths is increasing. World-wide, type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is an emerging cause of disability and premature death. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Phytosterols are lipid components of all food items of plant origin. They are effective in decreasing plasma cholesterol concentrations, but have also been suggested to protect against colorectal cancer. LÄS MER
5. Oxidative DNA damage and other risk factors, in relation to lifestyle in diabetes type II and metabolic syndrome patientsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Biosciences and Nutrition
Sammanfattning : Lifestyle factors are important in prevention and treatment of lifestyle related diseases as obesity, type II diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Patients with these diseases or in the risk zone of obtaining them are classified as having the metabolic syndrome. LÄS MER