Sökning: "freshwater and marine ecology Marine ecology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 208 avhandlingar innehållade orden freshwater and marine ecology Marine ecology.
1. Evolutionary ecology of arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) : Intra- and interspecific interactions in circumpolar populationsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines a suite of ecological and genetic mechanisms influencing the fundamental and realized niche borders of European and North American populations of the Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) species complex in allopatry as well as in sympatry with brown trout (Salmo trutta) or brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis). LÄS MER
2. Sex and symbionts New discoveries in local and regional patterns of coral ecology and reproductionDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Systems Ecology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Coral reefs belong to the most diverse and the most threatened ecosystems on earth. Anthropogenic stressors and climate change have led to mortalities at levels unprecedented in modern times. The aims of this thesis are to investigate aspects of the corals’ ability to reproduce, disperse, adapt and survive. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Botaniska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Biological invasions are an important issue of global change and an increased understanding of invasion processes is of crucial importance for both conservation managers and international trade. In this thesis, I have studied the invasion of the brown seaweed Fucus evanescens, to investigate the fate and effect of a perennial, habitat-forming seaweed introduced to a coastal ecosystem. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Kajsa Åbjörnsson, Limnology, Ecology Building, S-223 62 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Predator released chemical cues provide a valuable source of information to prey organisms that can be used to alter their behaviour in order to reduce predation risk. In this thesis, I have examined under what circumstances chemical cues may be used by prey, and if prey discriminate between different cues. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Land and Water Resources Engineering
Sammanfattning : Land use change constitutes a primary driving force in shaping social-ecological systems world wide, and its effects reach far beyond the directly impacted areas. Graph based landscape ecological tools have become established as a promising way to efficiently explore and analyze the complex, spatial systems dynamics of ecological networks in physical landscapes. LÄS MER