Sökning: "forest cover"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 97 avhandlingar innehållade orden forest cover.
- Detta är en avhandling från Östersund : Mid Sweden University
Sammanfattning : Forests in boreal and temperate forest-ecosystems have importance for carbonbalance since they sequester large amount of atmospheric carbon by uptake ofcarbon-dioxide during photosynthesis, and transfer and store carbon in the forestecosystem. Forest material can be used for bio-fuel purposes and substitute fossilfuels, and supply wood products, which can replace carbon-and-energy-intensivematerials. LÄS MER
2. Felling Forests from Afar: Quantifying Deforestation Driven by Agricultural Expansion and International TradeDetta är en avhandling från Östersund : Mid Sweden University
Sammanfattning : Deforestation is a major source of human-caused greenhouse gas emissions and the largest threat to terrestrial biodiversity. Most forest loss is due to the expansion of agricultural land use increasingly driven by international demand for food, fuel and fibre. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Most boreal forests in North Europe are intensively managed, and the forest landscape is far from its natural stage leading to hundreds of species being threatened in Sweden alone. Reserves are established to protect biodiversity, but since the resources available for conservation do not cover all species in need of protection, effective prioritization is essential. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Dept. of Forest Ecology and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of the studies underlying this thesis has been to qualify and quantify the regeneration of tree species in a range of typical growing environments of possible Continuous Cover Forestry (CCF) silvicultural systems in boreal forests of northern Sweden. Data presented in Papers I and II show that the light environment did not differ significantly between points at different distances to trees, but it was clearly affected by the stand stem density (SSD). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The introduction of particles and precipitates into a matrix material results in strengthening effects. The two main mechanisms involved in this matter are referred to as Orowan and shearing. To numerically study this phenomenon is the motivation to the research done, which is presented here in this thesis. LÄS MER