Sökning: "forest carbon"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 238 avhandlingar innehållade orden forest carbon.
1. Carbon Balance Implications of Forest Biomass Production Potential
Sammanfattning : Forests in boreal and temperate forest-ecosystems have importance for carbonbalance since they sequester large amount of atmospheric carbon by uptake ofcarbon-dioxide during photosynthesis, and transfer and store carbon in the forestecosystem. Forest material can be used for bio-fuel purposes and substitute fossilfuels, and supply wood products, which can replace carbon-and-energy-intensivematerials. LÄS MER
2. Direct and indirect pressures of climate change on nutrient and carbon cycling in northern forest ecosystems : Dynamic modelling for policy support
Sammanfattning : Northern forest ecosystems play an important role in mitigating climate change by sequestrating carbon (C), while additionally providing and regulating other ecosystem services. A majority of the Swedish environmental quality objects (EQOs) that guide Swedish environmental policy and management are associated with the forest, and they have proven difficult to achieve. LÄS MER
3. On the contribution of forest bioenergy to climate change mitigation
Sammanfattning : Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions have to be drastically reduced to keep global warming below 2 degrees. Bioenergy can play a role in climate change mitigation by substituting for fossil fuels. LÄS MER
4. Forest-Fuel Systems : Comparative Analyses in a Life Cycle Perspective
Sammanfattning : Forest fuels can be recovered, stored and handled in several ways and these different ways have different implications for CO2 emissions. In this thesis, comparative analyses were made on different forest-fuel systems. The analyses focused on the recovery and transport systems. LÄS MER
5. Modelling carbon uptake in Nordic forest landscapes using remote sensing
Sammanfattning : Boreal forests and peatlands store over 30% of the global terrestrial carbon in their vegetation and soil. but changing climate can compromise the current carbon stock. LÄS MER