Sökning: "fly ash"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 68 avhandlingar innehållade orden fly ash.
1. Leaching, filtration and displacement washing in a treatment process for MSW combustion fly ash - laboratory scale and plant studies
Sammanfattning : Municipal Solid Waste combustion, as one of the waste management tools, starts to play an important role nowadays in heat and energy generation. However, MSW combustion leads to generation of other wastes - combustion residues, including ashes, which require a proper management. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Applied Environmental Science (ITM), Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Incineration of waste is increasing in the EU. However, in the incineration process, both fly and bottom ash materials are generated as waste that requires further action. A common goal throughout Europe is to find ways to utilize ash materials in an environmentally and economically efficient manner in accordance with the current legislation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kemi
Sammanfattning : The disposal of combustible wastes by incineration is a controversial issue that is strongly debated by both scientists and environmental activists due to the resulting emissions of noxious compounds, including (inter alia) polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs), dibenzofurans (PCDFs), heavy metals and acid gases like sulfur dioxide. Currently available air pollution control devices are capable of effectively cleaning flue gases, and PCDD/F emissions to air from modern municipal solid waste (MSW) incinerators are low. LÄS MER
4. Waste incineration residues Persistent organic pollutants in flue gas and fly ash from waste incinerationDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Modern societies produce large quantities of municipal solid waste (MSW), which is commonly disposed of by incineration. This has several advantages: it reduces the waste’s volume and sterilizes it while also enabling energy recovery. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Incineration of municipal solid waste is a commonly used management method to take care of our waste. However, the residues produced are a problem. They often contain large amounts of potentially toxic metal compounds and soluble salts, which can cause harm to the environment and human health if released from the ash. LÄS MER