Sökning: "fat intake"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 172 avhandlingar innehållade orden fat intake.
1. Nutrition in the second year of life. Effects of different milk compositions on dietary intakes, growth and metabolismDetta är en avhandling från Department of Pediatrics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In the diet for young children, whole cow´s milk is the major contributor of calories, protein and saturated fat, but it supplies little iron and polyunsaturated fat. Although several recommendations exist for the composition of formula, recommendations for the composition of milk for young children are lacking. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Paediatrics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Nutrition in infancy - Clinical studies on dietary intake, metabolism and growth Our aims were to try to determine an appropriate formula protein concentration to be used during the second half of infancy and to evaluate the effects on plasma lipids when breast milk was exchanged for formula and/or weaning foods. Both aspects were studied with special regard to the influence of traditional weaning foods. LÄS MER
3. Diet and Metabolic Risk Factors in Immigrant Women from the Middle East and Swedish-Born Women A Cross-Sectional Study of Women from Iran, Turkey and SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The increasing number of immigrants in Sweden during the past decades has brought the health of different ethnic groups into focus. Many groups of immigrants in Sweden have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD) than a Swedish reference group. LÄS MER
4. Milk Fat Intake and Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) Supplementation Dietary Markers and Associations to Clinical and Biochemical CharacteristicsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In the present thesis dietary markers for intake of milk fat, associations between intake of milk fat and risk factors for coronary heart disease (CHD), and the effects of supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) to healthy humans are investigated.The dietary fat quality is one of the main lifestyle factors affecting risk for CHD. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate the effects of dietary fatty acids on body composition and ectopic fat in humans, with emphasis on the role of the omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) linoleic acid (18:2n-6) and the saturated fatty acid (SFA) palmitic acid (16:0). The overall hypothesis was that linoleic acid would be beneficial compared with palmitic acid during overfeeding, as previously indicated in animals. LÄS MER