Sökning: "familial breast cancer"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 36 avhandlingar innehållade orden familial breast cancer.
1. Prostate cancer : epidemiological studies of risk factors
Sammanfattning : In spite of the fact that prostate cancer is the most common male cancer in both Sweden and many other countries in the developed world, little is known of risk factors and predisposing conditions. The only well recognized risk factors are age, race and familial aggregation. LÄS MER
2. Genetic factors in childhood cancer. Associations between tumors in childhood and adulthood, and prevalence of germline TP53 mutations
Sammanfattning : The etiology of childhood cancer is largely unknown. Approximately 1-10% of all childhood tumors are associated with known cancer predisposition syndromes. However, the contribution may be underestimated due to the failure to detect patients with genetic susceptibility for cancer when relying on known family pattern and anomalies. LÄS MER
3. Insights into breast cancer: New familial patterns and identification of a potential predictive marker
Sammanfattning : The last proportion of heredity in breast cancer has proven to be somewhat elusive despite massive attempts to identify the associated factors. Approximately 50 percent of breast cancer caused by familial factors is currently explained. LÄS MER
4. Genetic characterization of malignant melanoma and breast cancer
Sammanfattning : Malignant melanoma and breast cancer are common malignant diseases characterized by considerable heterogeneity with respect to genetics, histopathology, biology and clinical course. In breast cancer, two major susceptibility genes have been identified, BRCA1 and BRCA2, which account for a significant proportion of high-risk breast cancer families. LÄS MER
5. Molecular Genetic Alterations In Endometrial And Ovarian Cancers
Sammanfattning : Endometrial cancer is the most common gynecological cancer diagnosed in western countries. Complex atypical hyperplasia (CAH) reflects a state of hyperestrinism and its role as a precursor lesion of this cancer is established. LÄS MER