Sökning: "experimental animal model"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 306 avhandlingar innehållade orden experimental animal model.
1. On optical methods for intracerebral measurements during stereotactic and functional neurosurgery Experimental studiesDetta är en avhandling från Institutionen för medicinsk teknik
Sammanfattning : Radio frequency (RF) lesioning and deep brain stimulation (DBS) are the two prevailing surgical treatments for movement disorders within the field of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery. For RF-lesioning, a small volume of brain tissue is coagulated and knowledge of the lesion size and growth is of great importance for the safety and outcome of the procedure. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Institutionen för medicinsk teknik
Sammanfattning : Myringotomy plays an important role in otological therapy. The procedure requires an efficient anesthesia, which can be obtained without general anesthesia. However, the use of local anesthetics on the tympanic membrane (TM) has been abandoned in many places, as general anesthesia has been readily available. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : One-lung ventilation (OLV) as an established procedure during thoracic surgery may be injurious in terms of increased mechanical stress characterised by alveolar cell stretch and overdistension, increased cyclic tidal recruitment of alveolar units, compression of alveolar vessels and increased pulmonary vascular resistance. This may result in ventilation-induced lung injury with pro-inflammatory cytokine production, leukocyte recruitment and neutrophil-dependent tissue destruction. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Ophthalmology (Lund), Lund University
Sammanfattning : Retinal ischaemia resulting from e.g. diabetes, vein thrombosis or arterial occlusion, is one of the major causes of visual impairment and blindness. Although new methods of treatment are being developed, there is still a need for more effective pharmacological forms of treatment. LÄS MER
5. Pathophysiological, Inflammatory and Haemostatic Responses to Various Endotoxaemic Patterns An Experimental Study in the PigDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Septic shock is frequently seen in intensive care units and is associated with significant mortality. Endotoxin – a major mediator of the pathophysiologic responses – is released during lysis of Gram-negative bacteria. These responses can be mimicked in the endotoxaemic pig. LÄS MER