Sökning: "ethnic nations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden ethnic nations.
1. Nationalising Culture The Reorganisation of National Culture in Swedish Cultural Policy 1970–2002Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : By comparative analysis of Swedish cultural policy (including art policy, heritage policy and Church policy) during the Riksdag periods of 1970-73, 1991-94, 1994-98 and 1998-2002 the relationship between cultural policy and the concept of the nation as a homogenous cultural community (defined by either an ethnic or a state-framed concept) is explored. Neoinstitutional analysis of cultural policy as an organisational field is combined with analysis of how the nation is conceived as an imagined community, and what values it strives to uphold to show how these values and concepts are institutionalised in its cultural policy and how this supports the legitimacy of the State as a nation-state. LÄS MER
2. Economic Nationalizing in the Ethnic Borderlands of Hungary and Romania Inclusion, Exclusion and Annihilation in Szatmár/Satu-Mare 1867–1944Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of History, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The history of the ethnic borderlands of Hungary and Romania in the years 1867–1944 were marked by changing national borders, ethnic conflicts and economic problems. Using a local case study of the city and county of Szatmár/Satu-Mare, this thesis investigates the practice and social mechanisms of economic nationalizing. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : In this ethnography of the war in Bosnia, the author examines the ways in which thepeople of Sarajevo negotiated the meaning of normality in their everyday lives, which became dominated by the war situation and the siege of the town. The study explores the ways of dealing with everyday threat to life, ways of providing the subsistence, changes in social relations, and the role of religion and ethnic traditions in the process of constituting national identities. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of the thesis is to investigate the relationship between power and indigenous peoples and to find a relevant method with which to study this relationship. It is the condition of power or the lack of power that allows an ethnic group, a ‘tribe’, an ‘indigenous people’ or a ‘people, to become a ‘nation’. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is a contribution to the social analysis of nationalism. Its disciplinary context comprises the field of empirical studies that explore how forms of mediated quasi interaction can function in processes of reproduction and transformation of nationality. LÄS MER