Sökning: "estrogen receptor beta"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 59 avhandlingar innehållade orden estrogen receptor beta.
1. Expression and function of vascular estrogen receptors alpha and beta
Sammanfattning : Estrogen receptors (ER) are expressed not only in classical target organs for estrogen like breast and uterus, but also in male reproductive system as well as in non-reproductive organs such as brain, liver and bone. The functions of ER are quite well known in reproductive organs but less information is available regarding their function in vascular tissue. LÄS MER
2. Estrogen receptor alpha and beta in breast cancer - gene expression profiles and clinical implications
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common malignancy in women in the Western world with about 10% of women developing breast cancer during their lifetime, of which one third will eventually succumb to the metastatic form of the disease. Breast cancer arises from the epithelial cells of the breast mammary gland, but the mechanisms involved in tumor initiation, progression, and metastasis are still not fully understood. LÄS MER
3. Role of estrogen receptor beta in epithelia lacking estrogen receptor alpha expression
Sammanfattning : Estrogens influence the physiology of many organs by activation of the nuclear receptors ERalpha and ERbeta. The epithelium of ventral prostate, ovarian granulosa cells and lung, are ERalpha-negative but express high levels of ERbeta. This thesis focuses on the role played by ERbeta in ERalpha-negative epithelium. LÄS MER
4. Estrogen and Serotonin – old dogs, new tricks, Implications for pancreatic beta-cell function
Sammanfattning : Islet hormone secretion is tightly regulated by metabolic status as well as local and circulating factors. These factors can activate different receptors on the pancreatic islet cells, for instance G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs). LÄS MER
5. Estrogen receptors and inflammation in colorectal cancer. Role in prognosis and therapeutic opportunities
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER