Sökning: "erika schagatay"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden erika schagatay.
1. The human diving response : effects of temperature and training
Sammanfattning : The aim was to elucidate the cardiovascular response associated with breath-hold diving, especially the effects of temperature in its elicitation and the effects of different types of training on the human diving response (DR) and breath-holding time (BHT), and to evaluate the human DR in a mammalian perspective. A model for simulated diving by apnea and facial immersion in cold water was developed. LÄS MER
2. Further Investigations of Convergence Results for Homogenization Problems with Various Combinations of Scales
Sammanfattning : This thesis is based on six papers. We study the homogenization of selected parabolic problems with one or more microscopic scales in space and time, respectively. LÄS MER
3. Cardiovascular, hematological and dietary means to cope with environmentally induced hypoxia in humans
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Protective Responses to Freediving Reveal High-Altitude Tolerance
Sammanfattning : High-altitude mountaineers - just as freedivers - are exposed to hypoxia. During freediving, the diving response leads to reduced oxygen consumption, and splenic contraction increases circulating hemoglobin concentration (Hb), which enhances freediving performance. LÄS MER
5. Homogenization Results for Parabolic and Hyperbolic-Parabolic Problems and Further Results on Homogenization in Perforated Domains
Sammanfattning : This thesis is based on four papers. The main focus is on homogenization of selected parabolic problems with time oscillations, and hyperbolic-parabolic problems without time oscillations. The approaches are prepared by means of certain methods, such as two-scale convergence, multiscale convergence and evolution multiscale convergence. LÄS MER