Sökning: "enzymatic hydrolysis"
Visar resultat 16 - 20 av 124 avhandlingar innehållade orden enzymatic hydrolysis.
16. Development of the Steam Pretreatment Process for Production of Ethanol from Lignocellulosic Biomass
Sammanfattning : At a time when natural petroleum resources are on the verge of depletion, and concern about climate change is increasing, the potential of lignocellulosic material for the production of bioethanol is well recognized. Ethanol can be produced from biomass through enzymatic hydrolysis and fermentation. LÄS MER
17. New Tools for Analysis of Wood and Pulp Components - Application of MALDI-TOF Mass Spectroscopy and Capillary Zone Electrophoresis
Sammanfattning : In the present thesis, capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE),matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight massspectroscopy (MALDI-MS) and size-exclusion chromatography incombination with off-line MALDI-MS (SEC/MALDI-MS) have beenapplied successfully to the analysis of wood and pulpcomponents.The carbohydrate compositions of pulp and holocellulosesamples, as well as of isolated hemicellulose preparations,were determined employing enzymatic hydrolysis and subsequentanalysis of the saccharides released by CZE. LÄS MER
18. Biochemical conversion of biomass : hydrothermal pretreatment, by-product formation, conditioning, enzymatic saccharification, and fermentability
Sammanfattning : Lignocellulosic residues have great potential as feedstocks for production of bio-based chemicals and fuels. One of the main routes is biochemical conversion, which typically includes pretreatment, enzymatic saccharification, microbial fermentation of sugars, and valorization of hydrolysis lignin. LÄS MER
19. Structural Modifications in Spruce Wood during Steam Explosion Pretreatment
Sammanfattning : The rising price of petroleum and environmental concerns regarding CO2 emissions have increased interest in alternative renewable resources. Biomass can be considered as an excellent alternative raw material. A biorefinery uses biomass and produces fuel, energy, and valueadded chemicals. LÄS MER
20. Production of Ethanol from Spruce at High Solids Concentrations - An Experimental Study on Process Development of Simultaneous Saccharification and Fermentation
Sammanfattning : Replacing fossil fuels by biofuels such as ethanol is considered a promising alternative to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and mitigate climate change. Biofuels produced from lignocellulosic biomass, so-called second generation biofuels, result in decreased GHG emissions and limit competition with food and animal feed production. LÄS MER