Sökning: "environmental protection"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 254 avhandlingar innehållade orden environmental protection.
1. Arguments for Access to Justice : Supra-individual Environmental Claims Before Administrative CourtsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Law
Sammanfattning : In the early 19th century, in the wake of industrialisation, complaints from people affected by pollution were considered a threat to industrial expansion and economic growth. Today, the right of access to justice is increasingly considered a legal vehicle for enhancing environmental protection. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Concerns related to global environmental changes due to land use changes have been driving international communities towards more sustainable land use systems. Brazil is a country of global strategic importance in this matter considering that it is the nation with the largest extension of preserved tropical native vegetation, recognised for its ecosystem services and high and unique biodiversity. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Center for Environmental and Climate Research
Sammanfattning : The forest ecosystem provides and regulates many important ecosystem services, such as soil and water protection, timber production, and climate regulation. It has been influenced by changes induced by humans, for example, our increasing demand for timber and bioenergy, the increase in nitrogen (N) deposition and CO2 concentrations due to industrialization, and climate change which has caused an increase in global temperature and extreme events such as storms. LÄS MER
5. Investigating the Relation between Efficient, Effective and Sustainable Remediation of Contaminated SitesDetta är en avhandling från ; Chalmers tekniska högskola; Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Remediation of contaminated sites reduces negative impacts to humans and the environment, but the process itself is typically associated with high costs to society and large environmental footprints. The sustainable remediation concept has, over the past decade, brought increased attention to the often-overlooked contradictory effects of site remediation. LÄS MER