Sökning: "environmental policy instruments"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 69 avhandlingar innehållade orden environmental policy instruments.
1. Choosing environmental policy instruments : Case studies of municipal waste policy in Sweden and EnglandDetta är en avhandling från London School of Economics
Sammanfattning : European governments have during the last couple of decades shown an interest in new types of environmental policy instruments (EPIs) such as environmental taxes, tradable permit schemes and voluntary approaches, as opposed to relying on traditional forms of regulation. The interest in so-called ‘new’ EPIs (NEPIs) has led many governments to commit both to a more diverse EPI mix and to a policy process characterised by procedural rationality, in terms of considering a wide range ofalternative instruments and assessing them in a systematic and transparent way. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Abstract The thesis aims at providing a better understanding of public policy instruments used in policy-making within the energy sector, particularly regarding their role in the change towards an increased use of renewable energy sources for generation of electricity. The research was guided by an underlying assumption that a markedly higher proportion of the energy generated from renewable sources can be considerably enhanced by use of policy instruments that support the development and the market creation of new, renewable energy technologies. LÄS MER
3. Managing high environmental performance? Applying life cycle approaches and environmental certification tools in the building and real estate sectorsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm, Sweden : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The main aim of this thesis is to demonstrate and critically assess life cycle approaches’ and environmental certification (EC) tools’ potential for supporting decisions for improved environmental performance in the building and real estate sectors.Using life cycle approaches, the thesis shows that for new build and renovation cases aiming for low operational energy use that embodied global warming potential (GWP) due to material production can constitute a large portion of a building’s lifetime GWP. LÄS MER
4. The Karma of Products Exploring the Causality of Environmental Pressure with Causal Loop Diagram and Environmental FootprintDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm, Sweden : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Environmental pressures from consumer products and mechanisms of predetermination were examined in this thesis using causal loop diagram (CLD) and life cycle assessment (LCA) footprinting to respectively illustrate and provide some indicators about these mechanisms. Theoretical arguments and their practical implications were subjected to qualitative and quantitative analysis, using secondary and primary data. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Concerns related to global environmental changes due to land use changes have been driving international communities towards more sustainable land use systems. Brazil is a country of global strategic importance in this matter considering that it is the nation with the largest extension of preserved tropical native vegetation, recognised for its ecosystem services and high and unique biodiversity. LÄS MER