Sökning: "energy transition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 839 avhandlingar innehållade orden energy transition.
1. Energy transition in transportation : Applying TIMES-based energy system optimisation models to sub-national levels
Sammanfattning : Transportation is embedded in the fabric of society and a key enabler of socio-economic development, but it is also a major source of carbon dioxide (CO2) and local air pollution (AP). Cities collectively account for around three quarters of total energy-related CO2 emissions, and the negative health impacts from local APs are most felt in dense urban environments. LÄS MER
2. Energy Use, Efficiency Gains and Emission Abatement in Transitional Industrialised Economies: Poland and the Baltic States
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a study of how energy use and air pollution in Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have been affected by the economic transition after 1989. It consists of six articles, which examine three different aspects of these changes. LÄS MER
3. Trade-offs and conflicting objectives of decision-making investments in low-carbon technology portfolios for sustainable development : National and continental insights offered by applying energy system models
Sammanfattning : Energy infrastructure and appropriate energy policies are crucial for sustainable development and to meet Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Limiting global warming potential below 1.5oC would require “rapid and far-reaching” transitions and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society. LÄS MER
4. Energy consumption transition : final household energy consumption in the case of Sweden 1920-2010
Sammanfattning : This licentiate thesis examines households’ final energy consumption over the long run by measuring their final energy use and examining how structural, institutional and economic factors affected the demand for energy in the residential sector during the period 1920-2010, a period covering the transition from traditional to fossil to renewable energy carriers. I believe that wider understanding of the historical energy transition and energy consumption within the residential sector might help us gain important insights into the long-run development and the factors affecting energy consumption among the households. LÄS MER
5. Solar PV in prosumer energy systems : A techno-economic analysis on sizing, integration, and risk
Sammanfattning : In the transition towards a sustainable energy system, building mounted solar photovoltaics (PV) have unique benefits; they require no additional land and the energy is generated directly at load centers. Within residential buildings, multi-family homes (MFH) are particularly interesting because of the economies of scale and their greater potential for emissions reductions. LÄS MER