Sökning: "endothelial cell loss"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 72 avhandlingar innehållade orden endothelial cell loss.
1. Biological consequences of endothelial cell signaling
Sammanfattning : Endothelial cells make up the inner lining of blood and lymphatic vessels, where they participate in functions vital to survival of the tissue; endothelial cells maintain vessel integrity, dynamically respond to the changing metabolic needs of tissues, and participate in many tissue-specific functions. Endothelial cells sense environmental cues which initiate signal transduction pathways that regulate behavior. LÄS MER
2. Molecular and Cellular Complexity of Glioma : Highlights on the Double-Edged-Sword of Infiltration Versus Proliferation and the Involvement of T Cells
Sammanfattning : Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most common and malignant brain tumor, is characterized by high molecular and cellular heterogeneity within and among tumors. Parameters such as invasive growth, infiltration of immune cells and endothelial proliferation contribute in a systemic manner to maintain the malignancy. LÄS MER
3. The Role of Paladin in Endothelial Cell Signaling and Angiogenesis
Sammanfattning : Angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels from a pre-existing vasculature, is crucial during development and for many diseases including cancer. Despite tremendous progress in the understanding of the angiogenic process, many aspects are still not fully elucidated. LÄS MER
4. Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor-1 Function in Vasculo- and Angiogenesis
Sammanfattning : During development of the mammalian embryo, spatial and temporal expression of fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) and their cognate receptors are vital in the regulation of a number of patterning processes. Inappropriate or decreased expression leads to severe malformations and even embryonic death. LÄS MER
5. Identification and Characterization of Proteins and MicroRNAs that Modulate Receptor Signaling, Vesicular Trafficking and Cell Migration in Vascular Cells
Sammanfattning : Blood vessels deliver nutrients and oxygen to tissues. Importantly, the functions and growth of blood vessels are commonly altered in disease. The inside of all blood vessels are lined with endothelium, a thin specialized layer of endothelial cells that separate the blood from other tissues. LÄS MER