Sökning: "emerging contaminants"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 avhandlingar innehållade orden emerging contaminants.
1. Confronting new challenges in chemical assessment : emerging contaminants and climate change
Sammanfattning : Both chemical-specific (e.g. physical-chemical properties) and environmental (e.g. LÄS MER
2. Occurrence and fate of emerging and legacy flame retardants : from indoor environments to remote areas
Sammanfattning : Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) are toxic chemicals that can be found in various matrices in all corners of the planet, including remote areas such as the Arctic. Several POPs are known and monitored but given the abundance of new chemicals in commerce about which little is known, chemicals that may be new POPs are constantly being screened for. LÄS MER
3. Remediation of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance-contaminated soil and groundwater, using electrokinetic and stabilisation methods
Sammanfattning : Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, commonly known as PFAS, are emerging contaminants with a worldwide environmental distribution and a concerning (eco)toxicological profile. The omnipresence of PFAS in various environmental media poses risks to the quality of our drinking water sources. LÄS MER
4. Organohalogen contaminants in wildlife from the Yangtze River Delta : Development of methods and assessments of legacy and emerging persistent organic pollutants
Sammanfattning : Rapid economic development has occurred during the past few decades in China with the Yangtze River Delta (YRD) area as one of the most progressive areas. The urbanization, industrialization, agricultural and aquaculture activities result in extensive production and application of chemicals. LÄS MER
5. Fish on drugs : behaviour modifying contaminants in aquatic ecosystems
Sammanfattning : Contamination of surface waters is a worldwide problem. One group of emerging contaminants that reach aquatic ecosystems via sewage treatment plant effluents and agricultural run-offs is pharmaceuticals. LÄS MER