Sökning: "effector delivery"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden effector delivery.
1. Vesicle-mediated and free soluble delivery of bacterial effector proteins by oral and systemic pathogensDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Periodontitis, the primary cause of tooth-loss worldwide, is a bacterially induced chronic inflammatory disease of the periodontium. It is associated with systemic conditions such as cardiovascular disease (CVD). However, pathogenic mechanisms of periodontitis-associated bacteria that may contribute to the CVD association are unclear. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Type III secretion systems (T3SS) are a common feature of Gram-negative bacteria, allowing them to inject anti-host effectors into the interior of infected eukaryotic cells. By this mechanism, these virulence factors help the bacteria to modulate eukaryotic cell function in its favor and subvert host innate immunity. LÄS MER
3. Delivery of TypeIII Secreted Toxins by Yersinia pseudotuberculosis the Role of LcrV, YopD, and Free Lipids in the Translocation ProcessDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Molekylärbiologi (Teknisk-naturvetenskaplig fakultet)
Sammanfattning : Bacteria that infect humans and animals face a hard combat with the host´s immune system and in order to establish infection, pathogenic bacteria has evolved mechanisms to avoid being cleared from the host tissue. Many Gram-negatives carry a Type 3 secretion (T3S) system that is used to deliver effector proteins (toxins) into host cells. LÄS MER
4. Engineering more efficient multipotent mesenchymal stromal (stem) cells for systemic delivery as cellular therapyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Laboratory Medicine
Sammanfattning : Do mesenchymal progenitor cells naturally circulate in vivo? Are they fundamentally compatible with blood? What mechanism allows them to be in contact with blood? How do we make therapeutic cells with blood-compatible properties? Can we optimise their survival and therapeutic function upon systemic delivery? How should we best isolate and condition therapeutic multipotent mesenchymal stromal (stem) cells (MSCs) before infusion, to achieve an optimum and sustainable clinical response in patients? This thesis covers many aspects related to these questions. It describes how MSCs interact with the instant blood-mediated inflammatory reaction (IBMIR) upon infusion. LÄS MER
5. Natural killer cell inhibitory and activating receptors : Regulatory role in effector functions against normal and tumor cellsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology
Sammanfattning : Natural killer (NK) cells can mediate effector functions as cytokine production and degranulation dependent cytotoxicity against cells that have become aberrant by mutagenesis or by infection. As part of the innate immunity, the NK cells are most important in the direct early defense against infections, and also in indirect shaping of the later adaptive response. LÄS MER