Sökning: "ecosystem susceptibility"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden ecosystem susceptibility.
1. Simplifying complex models : Application of modeling tools in exposure assessment of organic pollutantsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Applied Environmental Science (ITM), Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Thousands of chemicals are used in society, but the exposure to humans and other organisms has been measured only for a small number of compounds. Modeling tools constitute low-cost and effective alternatives to measurements for the assessment of exposure. LÄS MER
2. The Invasion of the Zebra Mussel - Effects on Phytoplankton Community Structure and Ecosystem FunctionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Biological invasion has become a major threat to economy, ecology, global biodiversity and ecosystem function of aquatic ecosystems. The main aim of the thesis was to study the effects of the zebra mussel (Dreissena polymorpha), a versatile invasive species, on phytoplankton dynamics and ecosystem function of lakes. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Degradation of vegetation and soil erosion has contributed to loss of biological productivity and land degradation in Iceland. This thesis focuses on spatial and temporal patterns of land degradation in Iceland from a geographical perspective both along short and long timescales. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses the application of spatial approaches to disease surveillance and control from three different aspects. First, temporal trends, geographical distribution and spatial pattern of cardiovascular disease admission rates were explored on a national level in Sweden. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Animal Nutrition and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : The microbiota has been shown to be important for nutrition and health. It provides the host with an extensive arsenal of dietary enzymes that can contribute to host metabolism by conversion of otherwise undigestible compounds to metabolites that the host can utilize. LÄS MER