Sökning: "economic development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1530 avhandlingar innehållade orden economic development.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Manufacturing Revolutions - Industrial Policy and Networks in South Korea. This chapter uses a historic big push intervention and newly digitized data from South Korea to study the effects of industrial policy on industrial development. In 1973 South Korea transitioned to a military dictatorship and drastically changed their development strategy. LÄS MER
2. Governing Development : The Millennium Development Goals and Gender Policy Change in Sub-Saharan AfricaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Recent decades have witnessed an upsurge in the use of different forms of global performance assessments as a means to influence the behavior of states. Within the area of international development, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) reinforced the practice of development governance through global performance indicators (GPIs) and gained considerable agenda-setting power among the international development community. LÄS MER
3. Defining strong ownership: Institutional Determinants and Stakeholder Interests in Vietnamese Development PlanningDetta är en avhandling från Department of Economic History, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The current development debate emphasizes national ownership of the development agenda as a precondition for sustainable development and aid effectiveness. Vietnam is often held up as a good example of strong ownership. Yet, the ownership concept is not clearly defined or understood due to a lack of empirically rooted evidence and analysis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Media-Tryck, Lund University, Sweden
Sammanfattning : This thesis proposes a unique quantitative investigation of the long-term development of modern states in Sub-Saharan Africa. This is done by measuring and analysing the dynamic history of tax revenue, as a key measure of the capacity of the state, and development in four countries in francophone West Africa – Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger and Senegal – over the long 20th century. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Place branding is commonly conceptualized with a focus on big cities, such as London, New York and Singapore, building from concepts and models from mainstream branding theory. In contrast to such conceptualizations, this thesis focuses on place branding in small and medium-sized cities. LÄS MER