Sökning: "economic development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1619 avhandlingar innehållade orden economic development.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Manufacturing Revolutions - Industrial Policy and Networks in South Korea. This chapter uses a historic big push intervention and newly digitized data from South Korea to study the effects of industrial policy on industrial development. In 1973 South Korea transitioned to a military dictatorship and drastically changed their development strategy. LÄS MER
2. Governing Development : The Millennium Development Goals and Gender Policy Change in Sub-Saharan AfricaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Recent decades have witnessed an upsurge in the use of different forms of global performance assessments as a means to influence the behavior of states. Within the area of international development, the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) reinforced the practice of development governance through global performance indicators (GPIs) and gained considerable agenda-setting power among the international development community. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Place branding is commonly conceptualized with a focus on big cities, such as London, New York and Singapore, building from concepts and models from mainstream branding theory. In contrast to such conceptualizations, this thesis focuses on place branding in small and medium-sized cities. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Since 1989, there has been a period of rapid change of the economies of the former Eastern bloc. Within a few years, the majority of the formerly centrally administered economies had begun restructuring their economic systems, including the privatisation. of formerly state-owned enterprises. LÄS MER
5. Development constrained – Essays on land as a factor in nineteenth-century industrialization and tradeDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Gothenburg Universtity
Sammanfattning : This dissertation consists of an introductory chapter, four research essays and one essay that describes the collected dataset. The first essay examines how the balance of land embodied in British trade developed during the nineteenth century and provides the first all encompassing accounts on this topic. LÄS MER