Sökning: "dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry DXA"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 45 avhandlingar innehållade orden dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry DXA.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Global Public Health
Sammanfattning : According to epidemiological studies about one third of women and one fifth of men over 50 years will experience a fragility fracture. These fractures account for substantial mortality, morbidity and health care cost. Osteoporosis is a silent disease and thus often goes undiagnosed for a long time. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Clinical and Molecular Osteoporosis Research Unit, Clinical Sciences, Malmö
Sammanfattning : Background: Fragility fractures are a major health problem world wide and the numbers are growing due to ageing populations. Early identification of individuals at risk for osteoporosis and fracture, enabling preventive measures and treatment is essential. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Background: Osteoporosis is a common bone disease, which does not give symptoms until the ultimate outcome, the fragility fracture occurs. Regulation of bone mass is controlled by genetic, environmental and nutritional influences. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate the role of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in the regulation of metabolism and body fat mass. Circulating IGF-I is mainly liver derived, while a large part of circulating IL-6 is produced by adipose tissue. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Niklas Andersson, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Physiolological Sciences, BMC F13, Lund University, SE-221 84 LUND, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Both ovariectomy (OVX) and gastrectomy (GX) cause osteopenia in several animal species including humans. While the effect of OVX has been ascribed to estrogen deficiency, the underlying mechanism behind GX-induced osteopenia is poorly understood. LÄS MER