Sökning: "dual energy x-ray absorptiometry"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 79 avhandlingar innehållade orden dual energy x-ray absorptiometry.
- Detta är en avhandling från Clinical and Molecular Osteoporosis Research Unit, Clinical Sciences, Malmö
Sammanfattning : Background: Fragility fractures are a major health problem world wide and the numbers are growing due to ageing populations. Early identification of individuals at risk for osteoporosis and fracture, enabling preventive measures and treatment is essential. LÄS MER
2. Studies on nutrition, body composition and bone mineralization in healthy 8-yr-olds in an urban Swedish communityDetta är en avhandling från Clinical and Molecular Osteoporosis Research Unit, Clinical Sciences, Malmö
Sammanfattning : Background: The incidence of welfare diseases including overweight in childhood is increasing worldwide. The results from a study of healthy pre-school children showed that in a population with well educated parents 17% of the children were overweight or obese at the age of 4 years. LÄS MER
3. Human body composition. Reference data and anthropometric equations. The metabolic syndrome and riskDetta är en avhandling från Clinical and Molecular Osteoporosis Research Unit, Clinical Sciences, Malmö
Sammanfattning : The determination of body composition is a key to the understanding of the relation between obesity and disease. In order to evaluate body composition data, reference values are needed. Since methods with high validity and reproducibility are expensive and often time consuming, simpler techniques based on anthropometry are needed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Background: Osteoporosis is a common bone disease, which does not give symptoms until the ultimate outcome, the fragility fracture occurs. Regulation of bone mass is controlled by genetic, environmental and nutritional influences. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is one of the major health issues of our time. The prevalence of CVD is increasing, both in industrialized and in developing countries, and causes suffering and a decreased quality of life for millions of people worldwide. LÄS MER