Sökning: "drug absorption"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 101 avhandlingar innehållade orden drug absorption.
1. Pulmonary Drug Absorption : In vitro and in vivo investigations of drug absorption across the lung barrier and its relation to drug physicochemical properties
Sammanfattning : Although, pulmonary drug delivery is a well established means for targeting of drugs to the lungs for the treatment of respiratory diseases as well as for the systemic delivery of volatile anesthetic agents, drug absorption kinetics in the lung have not been subjected to extensive research. The main objective of this thesis was to investigate drug absorption characteristics of the lung barrier, using the isolated and perfused rat lung model and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies in rats. LÄS MER
2. Drug absorption in the lungs : studies in the isolated perfused rat lung model combined with physiologically based biopharmaceutics modelling
Sammanfattning : Pulmonary delivery of drugs is the preferred route of administration for treatment of local lung diseases like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Recently, there has also been increased interest in systemic delivery of drugs via the lungs to avoid problems with low and/or variable gastrointestinal absorption, and as a needle-free alternative for drugs that cannot be ingested. LÄS MER
3. Biopharmaceutical aspects of intestinal drug absorption : Regional permeability and absorption-modifying excipients
Sammanfattning : Before an orally administered drug reaches the systemic circulation, it has to dissolve in the intestinal fluids, permeate across the intestinal epithelial cell barrier, and pass through the liver. The permeation rate of drug compounds can be low and show regional differences.The thesis had two general aims. LÄS MER
4. Drug Partitioning into Natural and Artificial Membranes : Data Applicable in Predictions of Drug Absorption
Sammanfattning : When drug molecules are passively absorbed through the cell membrane in the small intestine, the first key step is partitioning of the drug into the membrane. Partition data can therefore be used to predict drug absorption. LÄS MER
5. Intestinal absorption of drugs : The impact of regional permeability, nanoparticles, and absorption-modifying excipients
Sammanfattning : For successful delivery of orally given drug products, the drug compounds must have adequate solubility and permeability in the human gastrointestinal tract. The permeability of a compound is determined by its size and lipophilicity, and is usually evaluated in various pre-clinical models, including rat models. LÄS MER