Sökning: "domestic workload"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden domestic workload.
1. Domestic Workload and Multiple Roles. Epidemiological findings on health and sickness absence in women
Sammanfattning : Aim: The objective of this thesis was to analyse the importance of specific exposures in women’s lives to health and sickness absence; more precisely to study the association between domestic work, multiple roles and the experience of being sick-listed, and self-rated health, psychiatric disorders and sickness absence. Method: The thesis was based on two datasets. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Nursing staff have an elevated risk of developing musculoskeletal disorders, in particular in the lower back area. Statistics produced by leading industrial nations show that back problems are the world’s number one work-related health problem, and that healthcare workers suffer from a greater occurrence of such problems than workers in other professions. LÄS MER
3. Working conditions and musculoskeletal pain in public sector employees : A study of female dominated workplaces in health care and educational servicesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : In Sweden, musculoskeletal disorders constitute a considerable public health problem, also in public sector employees and especially among women, and these complaints often result in long-term sick leave and disability pension. The overall aim of this thesis was to investigate public sector employees, to elucidate specific factors both at their workplaces and in the private sphere, that are associated with (ill) health, in particular with musculoskeletal pain. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: Socioeconomic development initiatives (SDIs) are not only regarded as vehicles for poverty eradication but as promotion of women‟s welfare in terms of their economic independence, empowerment, and safety from domestic violence (DV), particularly in male-dominated low-income countries. It is often assumed that women‟s participation in SDIs will increase their income and independence. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : In this thesis examinations of conditions at work and at home, and health in loweducated women have been measured by questionnaires, interviews, observations and direct measurements. The overall aim was to gain a deeper understanding of loweducated women's conditions at work and in the domestic sphere, and how this affects their health. LÄS MER