Sökning: "digital tomosynthesis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden digital tomosynthesis.
1. Measurement of Tumor Extent and Effects of Breast Compression in Digital Mammography and Breast Tomosynthesis
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer affecting women in the western countries. Today x-ray digital mammography (DM) of the breast is commonly used for early detection of breast cancer. However, the sensitivity of mammography is limited, mainly due to the fact that a 3D volume is projected down to a 2D image. LÄS MER
2. The Role of Projected Anatomy, Random Noise, and Spatial Resolution on Clinical Image Quality in Digital Mammography
Sammanfattning : Due to the recent advances in digital detector technology, there is an increasing trend in the use of digital mammography (DM) as a concurrent modality with screen-film mammography (SFM). In order to fully realize its potential, the components of a DM system should be optimized with respect to clinical image quality in order for clinicians to make accurate diagnoses. LÄS MER
3. Chest Tomosynthesis for Detection and Surveillance of Pulmonary Pathology. Studies on Cystic Fibrosis and Solid Pulmonary Nodules
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Digital tomosynthesis (DTS) is a relatively new imaging modality in thoracic imaging. The technique is based on the equipment of conventional radiography, upgraded with a moving tube that enables separation of structures that are superimposed on chest x-ray (CXR). LÄS MER
4. Evaluation of image quality and diagnostic accuracy in breast tomosynthesis. Comparison with digital mammography and estimates of radiation risk
Sammanfattning : Recent advances in the digital detector technology have paved the way for modalities such as two-dimensional digital mammography (DM) and three-dimensional breast tomosynthesis (BT). In this work, experimental studies were conducted to investigate the influence of reducing the average glandular dose (AGD) on detection of simulated lesions in DM and to compare the diagnostic accuracy of BT and DM. LÄS MER
5. Optimization of breast tomosynthesis: Computer simulations of image acquisition and glandular dose
Sammanfattning : Breast tomosynthesis (BT) is an X-ray imaging technique recently introduced as an alternative or complement to standard digital mammography (DM) in breast imaging and breast cancer screening. In BT, a set of projection images is acquired over a limited angular range and reconstructed into a volume of slice images. LÄS MER