Sökning: "didactics of mathematics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 135 avhandlingar innehållade orden didactics of mathematics.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with aspects of axiomatization, intuition and visualization in the history of mathematics. Particular focus is put on the end of the 19th century, before David Hilbert's (1862–1943) work on the axiomatization of Euclidean geometry. The thesis consists of three papers. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a compilation of four papers in which mathematical reasoning is examined in various contexts, in which mathematics is an integral part. It is known from previous studies that a focus on rote learning and procedural mathematical reasoning hamper students’ learning of mathematics. LÄS MER
3. Difficult to read or difficult to solve? The role of natural language and other semiotic resources in mathematics tasksDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : When students solve mathematics tasks, the tasks are commonly given as written text, usually consisting of natural language, mathematical notation and different types of images. This is one reason why reading and interpreting such texts are important parts of being mathematically proficient, at least within the school context. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : By analysing and expanding upon mathematical reasoning requirements in physics tests, this licentiate thesis aims to contribute to the research studying how students’ knowledge in mathematics influence their learning of physics. A sample of physics tests from the Swedish National Test Bank in Physics was used as data, together with information of upper secondary students’ scores and grades on the tests. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Institutionen för matematik och matematisk statistik, Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This dissertation consists of four articles and a summary. The main focus of the studies is students' explorations in upper secondary school mathematics. In the first study the central research question was to find out if the students could learn something difficult by using the graphing calculator. LÄS MER