Sökning: "developmental origins of health and disease"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden developmental origins of health and disease.
1. Bioinformatic and Biostatistic Analysis of Epigenetic Data from Humans and Mice in the Context of Obesity and its ComplicationsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980 and at least 2.8 million people die each year as a result of being overweight or obese. An elevated body weight is the result of the interplay between susceptibility gene variants and an obesogenic environment, and recent evidence shows that epigenetic processes are likely involved. LÄS MER
2. Role of calcium in developing cellular network : Ca2+ in human fetal neural stem cells and rat neonatal cardiomyocytesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Women's and Children's Health
Sammanfattning : This thesis aimed to study Ca2+ homeostasis and its regulation in developing heart and brain cells. Cardiomyocytes rapidly developed a fast calcium machinery, (1) to regulate cytoskeletal protein interactions to the extracellular matrix of neighboring cells through gap junctions, and (2) to induce Ca2+-induced Ca2+ release (CICR) from sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR), (3) to generate rapid energy supply of ATP from mitochondria. LÄS MER
3. Early indicators for adverse development of cardiovascular, renal and metabolic function in children born with low birth weightDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Women's and Children's Health
Sammanfattning : Prematurity affects more than 10% of infants worldwide and is the main reason for neonatal mortality. Improvements in neonatal care have led to higher survival rates into adulthood. Adverse events during organogenesis and development, intra-or extrauterine, can increase the risk for chronic disease later in life. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Sammanfattning : Despite much effort investigating the etiology of Parkinson’s disease (PD), the causes and the exact mechanisms underlying the disease remain elusive. Braak’s hypothesis suggests that PD pathology may start in the enteric nervous system and later spread to the brain via the vagus nerve. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The increasing prevalence of obesity and related health complications, such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer, demands thorough investigation of the underlying processes. One of the key tissues investigated in this context is adipose tissue. LÄS MER