Sökning: "development assistance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 119 avhandlingar innehållade orden development assistance.
1. Development Intervention on the Ground. Inherent rationales of aid and their encounter with local dynamics in three Cambodian villagesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : School of Global Studies, University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The study is motivated by the maintained needs to scrutinise and critically reflect upon interventionist rationales in development assistance, to put development intervention in perspective by regarding it as part of the context where it is implemented, and to bring these two perspectives together. The starting point is an indication of a common mismatch between what is intended when aid is formulated and what happens when it is implemented. LÄS MER
2. Managing Urban Disaster Risk: Analysis and Adaptation Frameworks for Integrated Settlement Development Programming for the Urban PoorDetta är en avhandling från Housing Development & Management (HDM), Lund University
Sammanfattning : The damage caused by the dramatic worldwide increase in ‘natural’ disasters is staggering, with the poor in developing countries being most at risk. Disasters make their already precarious living conditions worse, creating a vicious circle of poverty from which they find it hard to escape. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents three self-contained essays focusing on empirical questions in growth and development economics. Each article addresses specific questions on why countries perform differently. LÄS MER
4. Taming exotic beauties Swedish hydropower constructions in Tanzania in the era of development assistance, 1960s-1990sDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of History of Science and Technology, Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This study analyses the history of a large hydroelectric scheme – the Great Ruaha power project in Tanzania. The objective is to establish why and how this specific scheme came about, and as part of this to identify the key actors involved in the decision-making process, including the ideological contexts within which they acted. LÄS MER
5. Exploring dementia care dyads' person transfer situations from a behavioral medicine perspective in physiotherapy development of an assessment scaleDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro university
Sammanfattning : Individuals who suffer from severe dementia require assistance when performing activities of daily living. The highly important person transfer situation is influenced by complex, intertwined biopsychosocial factors that are related to the expression of personal, environmental and behavioral variables, which can interfere with the performance of dementia-care dyads' transfer situations. LÄS MER