Sökning: "dermal contact"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden dermal contact.
1. Experimental and Clinical Studies on Contact Allergy to Diphenylmethane-4,4′-diisocyanate and Related SubstancesDetta är en avhandling från Lund University: Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : The exposure to isocyanates is more of an occupational problem than a consumer problem. The main route of exposure is assumed to be through inhalation. Isocyanates that have high vapor pressure, such as TDI, can be airborne at room temperature. Other isocyanates such as MDI are volatile only when heated. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : The term dermal cell trafficking has been used to describe the dynamic nature of cell movement in the dermis reflecting the skin's role as an immunological organ. A light microscopic experimental model for qualitative and quantitative counting of the dermal inflammatory cell infiltrate in allergic, acute irritant and cumulative irritant contact reactions has been developed In human studies use of microdialysis technique has enabled observation of biochemical events in the skin, in vivo over a period of time. LÄS MER
3. Metal Particles – Hazard or Risk? Elaboration and Implementation of a Research Strategy from a Surface and Corrosion PerspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Do metal particles (including particles of pure metals, alloys, metal oxides and compounds) pose a hazard or risk to human health? In the light of this question, this thesis summarizes results from research conducted on metal particles, and describes the elaboration and implementation of an in vitro test methodology to study metal release from particles through corrosion and dissolution processes in synthetic biological media relevant for human exposure through inhalation/ingestion and dermal contact.Bioaccessible metals are defined as the pool of released metals from particles that potentially could be made available for absorption by humans or other organisms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine
Sammanfattning : In a murine model of contact allergy, 24 h after challenge with antigen, increased axonal growth using an antibody to growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43) was seen in the epidermis and dermis of eczematous skin. Protein gene product 9.5 (PGP 9.5) positive nerve fibres tended to increase in the eczematous skin. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: Pesticide use continues to be a serious public health problem in developing countries, despite decades of safe pesticide use strategies. In Nicaragua, organophosphate insecticides, in particular chlorpyrifos and methamidophos are responsible for about half of the acute pesticide poisonings. LÄS MER