Sökning: "core binders"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden core binders.
1. Factors Related to the Formation of Gas Porosity in Grey Cast Iron: Investigation of Core Gas Evolution and Gas Concentrations in Molten Iron
Sammanfattning : Since gas porosity is a major casting problem, it is of greatest importance to increase the knowledge about the foundry process in order to minimise the presence of gas porosity and thereby improving the casting quality. Gas porosity is generally considered to originate from gases precipitated during solidification of iron and from entrained gas picked up by the metal during the mould filling. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Chemical Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis describes the preparation of heterogeneous latexes, which may serve as binders in coating applications, and the characterization of these. The latexes were prepared in two-stage seeded emulsion polymerization. LÄS MER
3. Respiratory symptoms and lung function in foundry workers exposed to low molecular weight isocyanatesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: Some foundries use the Hot Box method, which involves use of a nitrogen-containing binder system to produce cores for hollow castings. During the process, low molecular weight isocyanates such as isocyanic acid (ICA) and methyl isocyanate (MIC) are formed, which are potentially toxic. LÄS MER
4. Studies on o-glycosylation of mucin-type proteins and their binding to antibodies, bacterial toxins and viral receptorsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Laboratory Medicine
Sammanfattning : Carbohydrates are ubiquitous on the surface of all cells in mammals where they are involved in interactions with the surroundings (extracellular matrix), other cells (including self and non - self) and microbes (bacteria and virus). Carbohydrate - protein inte ractions in nature are often mediated via multivalent binding where the combined strength of multiple receptor - ligand interactions results in a binding that is highly specific and strong. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis describes the design and synthesis of molecules with potential roles in biomedicine, with an emphasis on molecular recognition in complex biological environments. The first chapter describes the synthesis and evaluation of compounds for use in nuclide therapy. LÄS MER