Sökning: "contexts of death"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 46 avhandlingar innehållade orden contexts of death.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The present study is an interpretation of the two myths copied in the Old Babylonian period in which the Sumerian mother goddess is one of the main actors. The first myth is commonly called “Enki and Ninḫursaĝa”, and the second “Enki and Ninmaḫ”. The theoretical point of departure is that myths have society as their referents, i.e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Teologiska institutionen, Uppsala universitet
Sammanfattning : Does baptism in some way associate an initiate with the death and resurrection of Christ? From the fourth century until the present, this understanding has had a central place in defining the meaning of baptism. In the NT, baptism and death are associated in two ways. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The project In a Room of Rites – Cloth Meeting Human is an artistic research project on textiles, rites and death, where I create textile art in the form of a funeral pall (in the artwork: Kortedalakrönika (Kortedala Chronicle) and infant wrapping cloths (in the artwork: I sin linda/Wrapped in Cloth). The initial aim of the project is to explore what textiles can mean at farewells and in funeral rituals, as well as to reflect on the experiences I gain in my art making. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to generate understanding and knowledge a bout the experiences of patients living with haemodialysis, and their close relati ves, near the end of life. In studies I and II we conducted a series of 31 qualitative interviews over a period of 12 months with 8 severely ill patients (aged 66–87) treated with haemodialysis. LÄS MER
5. Life after death The diffusion of Swedish life insurance - Dynamics of financial and social modernization 1830-1950Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet, Institutionen för ekonomisk historia
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to understand the diffusion process of Swedish life insurance during the period c. 1830-1950, with the specific aim to understand financial modernization and social mobilization as reflected in the diffusion of life insurance to less well-to-do classes and women. LÄS MER