Sökning: "contexts and interpretation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 135 avhandlingar innehållade orden contexts and interpretation.
1. Marks and makers : Appearance, distribution and function of Middle and Late Helladic manufacturers' marks on Aeginetan potteryDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study is an attempt to analyse the systematic marking of vessels produced on the island of Aegina in the Middle and Late Helladic periods. It deals with both the form and function of the marks, applied during the manufacture of functionally different vases.The first two chapters provide a background to the investigation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Makadam förlag
Sammanfattning : The Danish-Swedish writer Gustaf Munch-Petersen (1912-1938) is considered one of the pioneers of Danish modernist poetry. His death at the age of 26 as a volunteer in the Spanish Civil War, a conflict that was later widely understood as a prelude to the Second World War, made him one of “the young dead” of Scandinavian literature. LÄS MER
3. Metaphor as a mode of interpretation : An essay on interactional and contextual sense-making processes, metaphorology, and verbal artsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This essay is an attempt to assess the oddity and importance of metaphor, both viewed as inseparable, internal aspects of the metaphorical sense-making activity. To outline the "challenge" of metaphor, arguments are made against the traditional approaches to metaphor, namely the idea that metaphor is a thing, an entity out there in the discourse or text, whose meaning is embedded within its discrete units and parts. LÄS MER
4. The Syntax of Past Participles. A Generative Study of Nonfinite Constructions in Ancient and Modern ItalianDetta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is double. First, it will be shown that a number of problems of the syntax of ancient, literary Italian lend themselves readily to an analysis in terms of the Theory of Principles and Parameters. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : The prolific Turkish author and preacher Adnan Oktar has built up a large Islamic publishing enterprise under the name of Harun Yahya, and has attracted international attention in particular for his campaign against the theory of evolution. The aim of this dissertation is to shed light on the Harun Yahya enterprise by describing, analyzing and contextualizing four key themes in the works of Harun Yahya, namely conspiracy theories, nationalism/neo-Ottomanism, creationism and apocalypticism/Mahdism. LÄS MER