Sökning: "community composition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 330 avhandlingar innehållade orden community composition.
1. Effect of environmental factors on bacterioplankton community composition, diversity and functionality
Sammanfattning : The ocean covers more than 70 % of the Earth surface and represents the largest ecosystem on Earth. Bacteria are an important part of the marine food web not only in remineralisation but also since they utilize dissolved organic matter (DOM) and make the energy available to higher trophic levels. LÄS MER
2. Substrate control of community composition and functional adaptation in marine bacterioplankton
Sammanfattning : A drop of sea-water is teeming with a million of bacteria, on which pelagic food-webs and biogeochemical cycles depend. These bacteria thrive on a wide range of dissolved organic carbon (DOC) compounds produced through biotic and abiotic processes. LÄS MER
3. Temporal and spatial variation in the community composition of lake bacterioplankton
Sammanfattning : Bacterioplankton are among the smallest and most abundant organisms in lake ecosystems. Due to the lack of relevant methods, the taxonomic composition of bacterioplankton has been studied less thoroughly than that of larger organisms. LÄS MER
4. Composition and dynamics of the bacterial community in aerobic granular sludge reactors
Sammanfattning : The aerobic granular sludge (AGS) technology is probably the future standard for wastewater treatment, due to its low footprint and low energy consumption. Although achieving granulation is usually not a challenge anymore, our understanding of the community assembly during start-up, and of the microbial ecology of these reactors in general, is incomplete. LÄS MER
5. Bacterioplankton population dynamics in a changing ocean
Sammanfattning : Bacterioplankton is characterized by high diversity, short generation times and rapid turnover. Despite their small size, these numerous microorganisms are a fundamental piece of aquatic ecosystems by channeling carbon to higher trophic levels through dissolved organic matter utilization. LÄS MER