Sökning: "climatic events"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 43 avhandlingar innehållade orden climatic events.
1. The Eemian Interglacial at Sokli, northern Finland A multi-proxy environmental and climatic reconstruction based on a 9 m long lacustrine sediment sequenceDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Understanding the fundamentals of the Earth’s climate system during the Quaternary Period (the past ca 2.6 million years) is of imminent interest in light of the reported recent climatic changes. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för naturgeografi och kvartärgeologi
Sammanfattning : The last glacial period was characterised by several abrupt climatic shifts referred to as Dansgaard-Oeschger (DO) cycles and Heinrich events. These shifts were most frequent between 60,000 and 20,000 years before present coinciding with Marine Isotope Stages (MIS) 3 and 2. LÄS MER
3. Hydro-Climatic Variability and Change in Central America Supporting Risk Reduction Through Improved Analyses and DataDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Floods and droughts are frequent in Central America and cause large social, economic and environmental impacts. A crucial step in disaster risk reduction is to have a good understanding of the causing mechanisms of extreme events and their spatio-temporal characteristics. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Flooding in urban basins is intensifying due to increasing urbanization and climate change and variability. This thesis presents how the effects of climate change and high-intensive rainfall on the urban drainage system and management of flooding in urban areas of were studied in Mumbai, India and Southern Sweden, including Skåne and Gothenburg. LÄS MER
5. Environmental history in southern Mozambique Reconstruction of flooding events, hydroclimate and sea-level dynamics since mid-HoloceneDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis has been to reconstruct paleoenvironment, paleohydrology and paleoclimate in coastal southern Mozambique, with emphasis on tracing past flooding events on the lower Limpopo River floodplain. In order to extend flood chronologies beyond periods covered by instrumental data, sediments from lakes on the floodplain were studied (Lake Lungué, Coassane Oxbow, Lake Magandane and Lake Soane). LÄS MER