Sökning: "classification of surfaces"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 35 avhandlingar innehållade orden classification of surfaces.
1. Polishability of tool steels : Characterisation of high gloss polished tool steels
Sammanfattning : The manufacturing of plastic components, like a majority of other mass produced discrete parts, require well designed dies and moulds. Complex geometries and increasing demands on final surface appearance, which is strongly connected to the quality impression, are pushing for high demands on mould-makers and polishers as well as steel producers. LÄS MER
2. Cold lap formation in Gas Metal Arc Welding of steel : An experimental study of micro-lack of fusion defects
Sammanfattning : Cold laps are defined as micro-lack of fusion defects at the weld toe more or less parallel to the surface of the parent plate. These defects are known to negatively influence the fatigue properties of weldments. Previous studies suggest that cold lap formation can not be avoided completely in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW). LÄS MER
3. Estimation of hydrophobicity of insulating surfaces by studying sessile water drops
Sammanfattning : Today, the traditional insulator materials for high voltage powerlines, i.e. glass and porcelain, are gradually being replaced with new materials, most notably silicone rubber. LÄS MER
4. On reflections of wood : wood quality features modelled by means of multivariate image projections to latent structures in multispectral images
Sammanfattning : Classifying logs and boards has an essential economic impact on the forest products industry. In a modern production chain, quality control and raw material specifications are essential to fulfill production system demands as well as end user demands. LÄS MER
5. Clinical aspects of restorative treatment in the primary dentition
Sammanfattning : The failure rate of restorative treatment in primary teeth was studied in a cohort of children born in 1981 and related to caries diagnosis, prevalence and distribution on different tooth surfaces, and compared with a cohort of children born in 1971. Concurrently, the longevity of composite resin in modified Class 2 cavities in primary molars was followed up and the resistance of deciduous and permanent enamel to acid adjacent to composite resin and glass polyalkeonate cement (GPA) was tested in vitro. LÄS MER