Sökning: "chronic toxicity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 63 avhandlingar innehållade orden chronic toxicity.
1. Towards new computational tools for predicting toxicity
Sammanfattning : The toxicological screening of the numerous chemicals that we are exposed to requires significant cost and the use of animals. Accordingly, more efficient methods for the evaluation of toxicity are required to reduce cost and the number of animals used. LÄS MER
2. Chlorinated Paraffins: improved understanding of their bioaccumulation and toxicity in Daphnia magna
Sammanfattning : Chlorinated paraffins (CPs) are industrial chemicals, mainly used as flame retardants, plasticizers and metal cutting fluids. Their production has reached historically high levels in the last decade, with an annual production exceeding one million tonnes. LÄS MER
3. Small bowel obstruction and toxicity of a new model of adhesion prevention
Sammanfattning : Abstract Background: Small bowel obstruction (SBO) is a common surgical diagnosis. If no signs of strangulation are evident, the majority of the patients can be conservatively managed. Approximately one third of the patients need surgical treatment and there is a need for early parameters that can predict operative intervention. LÄS MER
4. Use and environmental impact of antifouling paints in the Baltic Sea
Sammanfattning : Biocide-based antifouling (AF) paints are the most common method for preventing biofouling, i.e. the growth of algae, barnacles and other organisms on boat hulls. AF paints for leisure boats are predominantly based on copper (Cu) as the main biocide, with zinc (Zn) present as a pigment and stabilizer. LÄS MER
5. Occupational hexachloroethane exposure and toxicity : With special reference to the formation of Hexachlorobenzeneiin aluminium degrassing
Sammanfattning : For about half a century, hexachloroethane (HCE) has been used as an essential component of military white smoke munition and as a degassing agent in almninium foundries and secondary aluminium smelters. However, the acute or chronic health risks associated with occupational exposure to HCE have not been investigated in humans. LÄS MER