Sökning: "castration therapy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden castration therapy.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Medicinsk biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Background. Recent studies in cancer research have focused on the reciprocal interaction between cancer cells and their microenvironment. Tumour growth is angiogenesis dependent and the rate of angiogenesis correlates with a poor prognosis in many different cancers. LÄS MER
2. Targeting the prostate tumor microenvironment and vasculature the role of castration, tumor-associated macrophages and pigment epithelium-derived factorDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Medicinsk biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : BACKGROUND: Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among Swedish men. For patients with metastatic prostate cancer the standard therapy is castration, a treatment that initially provides symptomatic relief but unfortunately is not curative. New therapeutic targets for advanced prostate cancer are therefore needed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Division of urological research
Sammanfattning : Chemotherapy of castration resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) is based on taxane formulations worldwide. Only 30-50 % of patients respond to this therapy and the exact cellular mechanisms of taxane resistance in PC cells are not fully elucidated. There is convincing evidence that androgen receptor (AR) is affected by exposure to these compounds. LÄS MER
4. Androgen controlled regulatory systems in prostate cancer potential new therapeutic targets and prognostic markersDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Medicinsk biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : BACKGROUND: Prostate cancer is by far the most common cancer among Swedish men. Some patients have an aggressive lethal disease, but the majority of affected men have long expected survival. Unfortunately, the diagnostic tools available are insufficient in predicting disease aggressiveness. Novel prognostic markers are therefore urgently needed. LÄS MER
5. Targeted therapeutic strategies for prostate cancer treatment using novel lipid kinase inhibitors in combination with current drugsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Prostate cancer (PCa) is one of the most common cancer types and the fifth cancer-related cause of death among Western world men. The sex steroid hormone, androgen and androgen receptor (AR) play important roles in PCa progression. LÄS MER